PRAY & PARTY - "Rejoice and be glad" Psalm 118
Wednesday, September 18 Parish Community Center
Pizza at 5:45pm Program at 6:30pm
Kids participate in fun, community-building pray and activities
Parents engage in discussion generating ideas on how to help their kids get excited about our faith.
Registration is now open for the 2019-2020 Faith Formation Program Year!
Click here for paper form. Click here for electronic registration. See the bottom of this page if you do not have kids to register, but would like to be part of the program.
Click here for 2019-20 Faith Formation Calendar.
NEW THIS YEAR
- 4 year olds (4 years old as of 9/1/2019) are invited to join our Wednesday night program. They will meet at Centerville Elementary from 6:30-7:45pm
- Children's Liturgy of the Word will be open to kids preschool through 5th grade. No registration is needed for this program. At 8:30 and 10:30 Masses October 6-May 31, 3 year olds though 5th graders will be invited to gather in Fortin Hall (8:30) or Hospitality Hall (10:30) to listen to The Word of God. Kids will be separated in age-appropriate groups.
- A new curriculum will be used for all ages.
- 6th graders will meet at the Faith Formation Center
- September 11: Catechist Orientation at 6pm at the Parish Community Center
- September 15: Catechist Meet & Greet after the 10:30am Mass at the Parish Community Center
- September 18: First 2019-20 Family Faith Event - Pray & Party - at the Parish Community Center (5:45 pizza/6:30 program)
- September 21: Live Virtus Training for anyone new to the volunteering in the program. You must pre-register at www.virtusonline.org
- September 25: First Classroom Sessions 6:30-7:45pm (Grades preschool - 5 at Centerville Elementary and Grades 6 - 10 at the Faith Formation Center)
- October 2: Grades 1 - 5 Faith Formation Parent Orientation 6:30pm at Centerville Elementary
St. Genevieve's Parish offers Faith Formation programs for all ages from Preschool through Adult. This could not be done without volunteers. Consider becoming Virtus trained and helping with the Faith Formation Program. Fill out the Volunteer Survey at the bottom of this page.
- Children's Liturgy of the Word at 8:30 & 10:30 Sunday Masses October - May
Liturgy of the Word is offered to children in grades Preschool -5th grade and is held during the 8:30 and 10:30 am Masses on Sundays. During Liturgy of the Word for Children, young people meet in a designated area to hear the readings of the day at a level more suitable to their understanding, have small group discussion about the readings, and offer prayer intentions. There is no registration or fee to attend.
- St. Gen’s Tots (Preschool and Kindergarten)
Early faith formation is an important way to begin your child's spiritual growth This program is for children age 4 through 5 that focuses on helping children learn and grow in their relationship with God through weekly class time. The children will learn from the Allelu curriculum in the Wednesday classes. This program offers a simple and easy to use at home and during the week to help engaging children in prayers, saint stories, and activities.
- 4-Faith (Grades 1-5)
This is Wednesday Faith Formation program for children grades 1-5. It is our hope that children who come and participate on Wednesdays will find a community of caring believers, who will help them grow in their faith. We use a new curriculum offered by St. Mary’s Press known as Discover! Finding Faith in Life Click her to learn more about Discover! Each student will be given a Catholic Children's Bible, Activity Booklets, Backpack & Folder to use throughout the year.
Open Gym will run from 6:00-6:30 p.m. on Wednesdays. We encourage students to spend some time working off their energy in Open Gym before heading to class. Parents are encouraged to stay and play with their kids.
First Reconciliation & Eucharist (Usually Grade 2) This is a parent and child formation process with 2 parent meetings, with home catechesis materials. We will be using St. Mary’s Press sacramental prep series and will support you in preparing your child for the reception of the sacraments. NOTE: If your child is older than grade 3, please contact the Director of Formation for a special age-appropriate preparation process. (Thuy-Ahn Hoang at [email protected])
- St. Gens Adolescent Ministry (SGAM)
In the 2019-2020 School Year, sixth through eighth grade will meet on Wednesdays from 6:00 to 7:45 pm in the Faith Formation Center. The SGAM is more than textbooks, lectures and religious education. SGAM is a place where our teens can be themselves, talk about what really matters and have meaningful encounters with a God who loves them like crazy.
The evening begins with "YouTime" from 6:00-6:30 pm, which is a chance for middle schoolers to play games and have some snacks in the youth lounge. YouTime allows middle schoolers to hang out with their church friends in a fun, supervised setting. We will then gather together to pray as a whole group. After that, each grade will split off and experience the following: 1) Listen to a dynamic, age-appropriate talk, 2) Get to know others in their grade, 3) Reflect on the talk, share their lives and ask faith questions
6:00 – 6:30pm - "YouTime" ~~~ hanging out with friends! Hang out with friends in the youth lounge, munch on snacks, play some game or activity and fellowship.
6:30 - 6:45 - We will gather together in large classroom to pray, read the Sunday Gospel, learn about a saint, hear someone's faith story, and find out about upcoming youth ministry events.
6:45-7:45- each grade will split off and experience the following:
- Listen to a dynamic, age-appropriate talk calling them into a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ and His Church.
- Get to know others in their grade better through a large group activity that relates to the theme of the night
- Reflect on the talk, share their lives and ask faith questions in gender-specific small groups.
Interested in Helping... We depend upon you, as parents, being involved in the faith life of your child! We have many ways that you can be involved with SGAM! These groups depend upon leaders who can encourage, support, and help keep youth on task. Beyond being a small group leader, we have opportunities for monitoring the halls to ensure the safety of our youth, leading group games, and chaperoning on our events and retreats.
SGAM Events: The weekly gathering of SGAM isn’t the only time we get together. SGAM also has a number of special events including: Winter blast, Summer Blast, Catholic Work Camp, Retreat, etc.
- Confirmation I & II
Confirmation candidates will prepare to receive the sacrament using the youth ministry model of formation based on their questions using videos and support materials, small group discussion, retreat, and guest presenters to help each make their choice to be confirmed in the Catholic faith. Service is a large component of this ministry.
- Vacation Bible School (VBS)
All kids (PreK-5th grade) are welcomed and invited to attend VBS. It is an awesome week of fun, friends, and faith! Kids will experience exciting stations that emphasize the daily Bible Point such as: Bible Adventures, KidVid Cinema, Imagination Station, and Sports & Games. Mark your calendar for next year's VBS: June 15-19, 2020 at St. Genevieve.
- Family Night
Family nights take place 4 times a year on a Wednesday evening (5:45-7:45 pm) starting with a community meal (main dish provided, sides provided by families or potluck), then a variety of prayer activities, breakouts, stations and guest presenters. All family members are welcome! Family Nights in 2019-20 are:
September 18 - Pray & Play...Rejoice & Be Glad!
December 4 - Pray & Paint...You are God's Work of Art
March 4 - Pray & Passion...Stay With Me and Pray
April 19 - Pray & Party...Live Life to the Fullest.
- VIRTUS Certification!
All adults and teens (18 and older) who volunteer with Faith Formation need to be VIRTUS certified before classes begin. All adult volunteers need to complete a "live" Protecting God's Children VIRTUS Training. Please contact Susie Irlbeck at [email protected] or 651-429-7937 to get started (new volunteers) or to update your certification (returning volunteers) and with questions about VIRTUS certification.
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
RCIA is a very special opportunity for adults who wish to explore membership in the Roman Catholic faith or for those Catholics who wish to receive sacraments which were not received at traditional ages. This journey also is an excellent opportunity to participate in a wonderful overview of the catholic faith and is open to all parishioners. We start this journey in late fall and continue through Easter when all will receive the sacraments at the Easter Vigil. So if you are in need of baptism, Eucharist or Confirmation preparation as an adult, we would love to see you!
- Book & Bible Study Groups
2019-20 Studies to be announced.
Thank you for a wonderful 2018-19 program year of Faith Formation. Check out this video for some highlights: